4 + 3 = Goals of Misbehavior in Adlerian Play Therapy
This webinar will be a mix of didactic and experiential learning. Participants will learn to identify the 4 unconscious goals of misbehavior, attention, power, revenge, and proving inadequacies. They will also gain understanding into the 3 conscious goals of misbehavior, getting, self-elevation, and avoiding. They will work through various scenarios to identify clients’ goals of misbehavior. Participants will also explore skills and techniques to help their clients make changes. They will work in small groups to explore effective storytelling techniques to help clients shift their goal of misbehavior from destructive to more adaptive ways.
Learning Objectives: After successful completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Name and describe the 4 unconscious goals of misbehavior, which are used in conceptualizing in Adlerian play therapy.
- Name and describe the 3 conscious goals of misbehavior, which are used in conceptualizing in Adlerian play therapy.
- Explain how to increase their own awareness around their cognitive, affective, and somatic experiences of countertransference in reaction to play therapy clients’ misbehavior.
- Describe at least 2 Adlerian play therapy skills designed to help clients make behavioral, cognitive, attitudinal, and affective changes related to the goals of misbehavior.
- Describe at least 3 Adlerian play therapy techniques designed to help clients make behavioral, cognitive, attitudinal, and affective changes related to the goals of misbehavior.
3 APT Live Webinar CE | Foundational/Intermediate | Play Therapy Seminal or Historically Significant Theories and Play Therapy Special Topics
This workshop meets APT's definition of "Live Webinar."
About our presenter: Erica Wassenaar holds a Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. She has Advanced Certification in AdPT. She teaches for the League of Extraordinary Adlerian Play Therapists (LEAPT). She is a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor™. She is also trained in Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR), Critical Incident Stress Management, AutPlay Therapy, PCIT, and EMDR. She is also a coordinator for KIDS Hope USA program through her church.
NEAPT Members $50; Guests $60 | Limited to 50 participants
VIRTUAL: This will be a virtual meeting. Participants will be awarded LIVE WEBINAR CE upon successful completion of a post test. Participants must be visible throughout the presentation. This workshop meets APT's definition of "Live Webinar."
NEAPT is approved by the Association for Play Therapy to offer continuing education specific to Play Therapy. APT Approved Provider 02-123. NEAPT maintains responsibility for the program. Registrants understand and agree that any photograph (screen shot), video or audio recording of themselves may be used to further promote NEAPT.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be requested in writing and received no later than January 12, 2024. Cancellations are subject to a $15 processing fee. Substitutions (someone else attending) or transfer of registration to another training date may be requested. No refunds or partial refunds after January 12, 2024.
By registering for this training, you are giving NEAPT permission to add your email to our email list and you are giving permission for NEAPT to use any photographs or screenshots that are taken during the event containing your likeness for promotional purposes.